Sunday 29 August 2010

plumbing arg!

Still struggling with the plasterboard in the kitchen, having found that the drywall electrical boxes wouldn't fit on the plasterboard with the OSB behind it, so I then had to remove the plasterboard (again) and chisel out 'wings' in the OSB to allow the clips to sit behind the plasterboard.

I then had the spigots for the water pipe to solder the elbows and joints onto, this itself was difficult in keeping the pipe flush to the wall I had to put the solder joint tight up against the
plasterboard. I then realised that I hadn't allowed enough space between the pipes to allow the flared fitting of the appliance hose, thus I had to rotate the hot water fitting away to run horizontally (I'd originally wanted them both to hang vertically). Now they fouled the waste pipe for the appliances. I gave up and went to bed at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment