Tuesday 2 November 2010

plastering the sitting room

As much as I'd like to put it off, I've got to get the plastering (at least) done before I can think about laying floors.

My brother kindly offered to stop by after work to help, so the pair of us started on clearing a space then trimming out some edges with beading before mixing up half a bag of multi-finish to skim over one of the larger wall segments.

Trimming the beading to fit proved more challenging that it should have been due to my side-cutters going for a walk. Using a cheap halfords combination crimper to cut galvanized corner beading is not a pleasant experience. A hacksaw is out of the question, it's like cutting chicken-wire. Suprisingly tough.

S must have spent several hours looking for the wretched cutters on my behalf (she hates to hear me bitching, and when I fail to find things accuses me of having a 'boys look'). I'll look again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment