Friday 26 November 2010

Hob and heater now working..

After the previous evenings efforts I opted to wait in this morning until the gas fitter arrived, just so I could brief him on what I'd done and make sure everything is acceptable. He seemed happy enough when he arrived, despite there not being quite enough copper pipe to do both gas and heater in the house. Also the electrician was there to fit the socket front for the hob supply (it had previously been left off due to a lack of space to work beind the carcass). Whilst he was there he also fitted the isolator switch for the cooker, which now means that as of this evening we have a working hob, oven and kickspace heater.

The hob has an auto-igniter which has a flame sensing safety interlock. I'm beginning to hate this already as when the hob is cold you need to hold the knob down to keep the interlock override on for a good few seconds. I much preferred the manual pushbutton igniter on my old hob/oven, even if it did give me the option to gas myself. meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment