Saturday 26 June 2010

Explorations

Today saw another trip over there, just myself this time, with a carload of 'stuff': some needed over there (tools and a small fridge) some just needed out of the way (boxes of books)

Prodded and poked things a bit more, took some measurements of the locks to get them replaced, lifted some floordboards to get a look at the wiring and plumbing - interesting:


This is what greeted me under the floorboards of the back bedroom (no 2). A novel form of leak-control.


I guess the assumption is that the leak is small enough for the towel to dry out quicker than it's getting wet. I think I'll be draining the heating system fairly soon in the order of things.


This is the fuseboard, fairly old-school, though it's nice that they left me some fuse-wire - I guess they think I'll be needing it. To the right is the edge of the alarm control box - inoperative - later explorations revealed the backup battery had been disconnected, along with other, random, wires.

Had a visit from some pikeys wanting to take the dead tree (in the front garden) down for me, "bargain at £30" - I politely declined - I have a brother with a chainsaw.

Then it was back to Bristol to carry on making a dent in the long list of things we need to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment